Connyak Paddle Descriptions The following descriptions are for the “usual routes” often taken on Connyak Paddles. Wind, weather and tides are important considerations in choosing a route and many alternate routes are available from these locations. It is suggested that the reader follow along with the narrative on a chart. All distances listed are approximate for the round trip and do not consider any “wandering” that would add to the distance.
Esker to Mystic
- From the launch proceed south and then east across West Cove until you reach the Light House at the tip of Noank.
- From this point you can turn upriver (North) to explore Mystic (Seaport, marinas).
- Alternately, carefully cross the busy channel and head toward the South side of Ram Island.
- After going around the tip of Ram, head Northeast.
- Note the Monastery on Ender’s Island.
- Paddle to the East side of Ender’s and continue on to the North, into a small bay leading to the Mason’s Island Bridge.
- Go under the bridge, continue to the Mystic River where you can head North to the Seaport or South, back toward the launch.
- Approximately 12 miles.
Overview of Typical Paddle Route Click on the link for an