Welcome to the ConnYak Commercial Board
This year's Polar Paddle Practicum (4/27-4/29) has some new additions: Original event description and pricing follows at bottom of page.
- Full event participants is just about filled but we do have slots for day players. If you cannot schedule all 3 days but are interested in a day or two of quality open water instruction, we have newly added spaces.
- Turn out has been high so we've added an additional coach. Rhode Island resident, Tim Gleason, is an upcoming rock star instructor. As a local, he has deep understanding of the venues we'll be working. As a marine scientist, he brings an interesting take on the marine environment.
- We've added a leadership tract for qualified participants. Qualified paddlers with the equivalent of BCU Star and/or ACA Level 3-4 and 5 aspirants can take a day (or half day) to co-coach. This is a hard to find opportunity to exercise the full spectrum of instructional muscle with a group in conditions. Venue selection, defining field of play, on/off water presentation, individualized instruction are all part of the tract. Head coaches will offer participants feedback and action planning based on your performance.
Polar Paddle Practicum (PPP3) 4/27-4/29 2018
Kick start your active water paddle play season.
Join John Carmody (Sea Cliff Kayakers) and Gerry Polinsky (Sea Sherpa Kayak)
This mini symposium is geared towards any paddler from advanced beginner to advanced intermediate looking to refine their open water skills. We get a jump on the season as fall through spring is the best and most dependable season for active water. Classroom time and housing will be staged out of a camp located on the Ct/RI border. New this year, we will be staying in cabins that fit either two or four paddlers. Beds with sheets, bathrooms, kitchens, heat and a centralized location makes for very civilized pre and post paddle living. Paddle play itself will follow where conditions are best. Rock gardening, shore surf and tiderips are the featured possibilities.
There will be no predetermined curriculum as this intimate event is focused on individual paddlers’ wants and needs. Participants will be working primarily with others of similar experience. The overall goal is to help you grow your capacity and comfort in rough water situations. As this area offers interesting and complex conditions, participants will have opportunities to take an active role in determining the daily paddle plans and grow their conditions forecasting tool-box.
- Campers in cabins of 4 $625
- Campers in cabins of 2 $675
- Day Players – all 3 days $500
- Single Day Players $175/day
Note: cabins are available starting Thursday afternoon, 4/26.
Contact Gerry At Sea Sherpa Kayak Dot Com to book or with any questions
The Connyak Commercial Bulletin Board